Mayflower has covenanted to be a Creation Justice Church. We offer a Creation Justice monthly newsletter, a Songbird Habitat, a community garden, and a Mid-town market. As a Creation Justice Church we:
- discern our high calling to care for creation and seek justice for the oppressed.
- make a commitment so serious and so sacred that it necessitates talking about God’s covenant with us and with all of creation.
- not only become recognized as “green.” We have become a part of a larger network of churches and a larger movement to change the world.
- engage in critical thinking about the socioeconomic dimensions of environmental justice such as race, class, and global inequality.
- foster a deeper sense of connection: connection to God, to each other, and to the world in which we live.
- unleash our imagination and creativity as a sense of purpose propels us to make a difference.